This Garlic Roasted Green Beans recipe is an easy and healthy side dish! It's vegan, gluten free, and topped with toasted almonds.
These Garlic Green Beans get caramelized and even a little crunchy with almonds on top. I find them pretty addicting and I think you will, too!
I don't know about you but I often struggle to come with side dishes. It can be easy to revert to the same ones over and over and let's face it - That gets boring. When it comes to vegetables I think roasting is the way to go.
Roasting is so easy and is the best way to unlock their natural sweetness. This can help balance the bitter overly-vegetal quality that comes along with some vegetables. I would encourage anyone who isn't crazy about vegetables to try roasting them.
There's no wrong way to eat green beans and this is just one of the many ways to enjoy them!
Prepare The Fresh Green Beans
As far as side dishes go, it really doesn't get any easier than this. It's definitely a recipe you'll want in your weeknight dinner arsenal.
- To start, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This recipe calls for 4-5 cups of chopped fresh green beans (about 1 ½-2 lbs.). Feel free to use more or less depending on how many servings you'd like.
- Wash and trim the ends off the green beans and cut them in half.
This recipe is a great way to utilize those garden green beans but honestly it would work any time of the year (I'm thinking Thanksgiving side dish!).
How To Make Garlic Roasted Green Beans
Now it's time to throw those chopped fresh green beans onto a sheet pan.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on the green beans and toss to coat completely. The beans should be totally coated but not drenched in olive oil. Too much olive oil will make them soggy.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. garlic powder (not garlic salt) and ¼ tsp. each of kosher salt and pepper over the beans. Toss again to evenly coat the beans in the spices.
How Long Does It Take To Roast Green Beans In The Oven?
- Pop the pan in the oven and roast for 20-22 minutes.
- Shake the pan to stir the beans around once or twice during the roasting process. This will ensure that they roast evenly on all sides. The beans will get nice and caramelized as they cook. And of course the garlic will make your house smell amazing.
- Feel free to check on the beans at the 20 minute mark and leave them in for a few more minutes if necessary. After 22 minutes you should be all set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and get ready to serve.
Love roasted vegetables? Check out these recipes!
- Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Italian Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Sesame Brussels Sprouts
- Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes
- Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower
Can I Sub Another Nut For Almonds?
These roasted green beans are ready to serve as soon as you take them out of the oven.
Scoop them into a serving bowl and sprinkle with ¼ cup or so of sliced almonds.
The almonds add a nice crunchy element to the dish.
You can use any other nut you like as well or leave them out altogether if you're allergic (or if you're like my Stepdad and just don't like nuts).
Walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans would work great. Feel free to use seeds such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds if you prefer.
What To Serve With Roasted Green Beans
These roasted green beans work perfectly alongside meaty dinners like chicken, beef, or pork.
These Garlic Roasted Green Beans are naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
This is the perfect side dish to serve during holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter with classic sides like buttermilk mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed kohlrabi, spinach fennel stuffing, and fennel wild rice stuffing.
How Long Do They Last In The Fridge?
If you have leftover green beans they should last 2-3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The beans may lose some of their crispiness when stored but the flavors are still great.
Love green beans? Check out these recipes!
- Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Green Beans
- One Pan Chicken Sausage and Green Beans
Looking For More Vegetable Side Dishes? Don't Miss These!
Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and trim 1 ½-2 lbs. of fresh green beans. Chop the green beans in half.
- Place green beans on a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Toss to completely coat in olive oil.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. garlic powder over the beans along with ¼ tsp. each of kosher salt and pepper (adjust salt and pepper to taste). Make sure beans are evenly coated in the spices.
- Make sure the beans are spread evenly over the pan and place the pan in the oven. Roast for 20-22 minutes. Shake the pan once or twice during the cooking process to make sure the beans roast evenly.
- After 22 minutes or so remove the pan from the oven.
- Place the green beans in a serving bowl and sprinkle with ¼ cup or so of sliced almonds or nuts of choice (optional).