This Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese recipe is a quick and easy side dish! It's healthy, gluten free and ready in only 25 minutes.
You're going to want this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower recipe in your repertoire - Trust me. The amount of flavor that comes out of it versus how much work goes into it almost seems wrong.
It's easy to make. So easy. And the flavor is awesome. This is definitely one of my go-to recipes!
It makes a perfect side dish to your busy weeknight meals. The next time you're making something simple and you want an equally quick side dish to go along with it, here's your answer.
This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free, AND Keto so it's suitable for all types of diets.
Do I Have To Wash Cauliflower Before Roasting?
Roasting vegetables is absolutely one of my favorite ways to prepare them. Roasting just does something magical to them. And it's so darn easy.
There was a four year period when I had cable TV and I watched The Food Network regularly (OK, more like obsessively).
I noticed that Ina Garten - The Barefoot Contessa, was always roasting her vegetables.
Prior to this, I had the misconception that roasted vegetables were kind of dry and boring. But, if Ina Garten was doing it all the time, there had to be something to it.
You can roast pretty much any vegetable, but I think cauliflower works particularly well. And adding the Parmesan cheese at the end just takes it to another level.
It's always best to wash vegetables before use to remove any dirt or bacteria.
- Wash a head of cauliflower and remove the outer leaves.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop 1 head of cauliflower into florets (yields 3-4 cups).
- Try to keep the florets roughly the same size to ensure even cooking time.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower
Spread the chopped cauliflower evenly onto a roasting pan. If I have one word of advice when it comes to roasting vegetables, it is this.
Don't overcrowd the pan! Stuffing too many pieces of cauliflower on there will just steam them and you won't get that roast-y flavor you're looking for.
Feel free to use two pans if it doesn't all fit on one pan.
- Drizzle 3 Tbsp. or so of olive oil onto the cauliflower pieces.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp. salt and pepper and toss the cauliflower in the oil and spices until it is evenly coated.
- Pop the pan(s) in the oven for about 18 minutes. I check on the cauliflower once and stir it around on the pan to make sure it isn't sticking and no parts are burning. Roasting = Good. Burning = Bad.
Add Parmesan Cheese To The Roasted Cauliflower
The Roasted Cauliflower isn't completely done at this point.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven and sprinkle ½ cup or so of Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of it.
- You want to make sure all those pieces get their share of the cheesy goodness.
- Stick it back in the oven for 2 more minutes.
This will melt the Parmesan and complete the dish.
What To Serve With Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
I love this recipe because it's a little salty and totally addicting. It feels indulgent but it's healthy.
The sweetness of the cauliflower pairs nicely with the sharpness of the Parmesan cheese.
This is a great recipe when you've got a head of cauliflower in the fridge and really aren't sure what to do with it.
How Long Does Roasted Cauliflower Last In The Fridge?
This roasted cauliflower should last 2-3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The cauliflower may lose some of its crispiness the longer it sits in the fridge.
It really is that easy! I hear a lot of people mention that they want to eat more vegetables, but don't know how to prepare them.
To that I say, 'Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan'. Problem solved.
Love roasted vegetables? Check out these recipes!
- Maple Dijon Brussels Sprouts
- Italian Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Sesame Brussels Sprouts
- Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts
Looking for more roasted vegetables? Don't miss these recipes!
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1 head of cauliflower into uniform pieces.
- Spread the cauliflower onto a roasting pan being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Feel free to use 2 roasting pans if cauliflower does not fit onto one pan.
- Drizzle 3 Tbsp. or so of olive oil over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp. or so of salt and pepper over the cauliflower. Toss to coat evenly in the olive oil and spices.
- Place the baking sheet(s) in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, stirring once to prevent sticking.
- Remove the pan(s) after 18 minutes and sprinkle ½ cup Parmesan cheese evenly over the cauliflower.
- Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the Roasted Cauliflower immediately.