This easy healthy Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken recipe is ready in 30 minutes! It's made with roasted potatoes, lemon, and zesty artichokes.
I love sheet pan meals during the summer months because I don't want to spend those precious evening daylight hours in the kitchen. I want to be outside in the garden or on a hike. These Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken allow me to do just that.
Sheet pan meals are all the rage right now and for good reason. It's straightforward, down-to-earth fare that provides you with a quick and healthy dinner.
Most importantly these things are easy. You get a hearty meal that the whole family will love with seriously minimal effort.
Everything gets roasted together at the same temperature on the same pan. There's no messing around with sauces, no braising, no sauteing - No fancy techniques at all! But the end result feels like something special.
Dishes like this Mediterranean Chicken are great when you don't want to spend all evening in the kitchen, but still crave a meal that's flavorful and healthy.
How To Make Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken
The most important element of the sheet pan meal is, of course, the sheet pan. You can use any type of baking or roasting pan that you have.
- The first step is to heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. As the oven is heating you can get everything prepared. Chop 4-5 large potatoes (I prefer red potatoes but you can use any type you like). Try to chop them uniformly so the potatoes cook evenly.
- Place 1-½ lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breast in the middle of the pan. Spread the potatoes around the chicken. (You may have more potatoes than room on the pan. Simply place the rest of the potatoes on a second sheet pan and repeat these steps).
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over the chicken and potatoes and then toss to coat.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, and ½ tsp. each of kosher salt and pepper over the chicken and potatoes. Make sure both sides of the chicken are seasoned.
- Then pop the pan in the oven for 30 minutes or so.
What To Serve With Sheet Pan Chicken
We're at the tail end of asparagus season here and I'm still indulging in it. Asparagus is a great addition to any meal.
The cooking time on asparagus is slightly lower than the rest of the ingredients so I like to wait and add it later in the cooking process.
- Remove the woody ends from a bunch of asparagus and add the stalks to a separate sheet pan.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over the asparagus and toss to coat. Then sprinkle with ⅛ tsp. each of kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in the oven after the chicken and potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes.
You can use any type of vegetable you like with this recipe. Garlicky Roasted Green Beans, broccoli, Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, or bell peppers are all great options!
How Long Does It Take To Bake Chicken and Potatoes?
Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the chicken breast and the size of the potatoes but both should be done around the 30 minute mark.
The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork and the chicken cooked all the way through.
Roasting is the way to go when it comes to potatoes - They become these savory pillows of goodness with nice caramelized edges. The asparagus should be done at this time as well.
Remove both pans from the oven.
Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of your chicken and the type of oven used.
The safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This may be checked using a food thermometer.
If you like roasted potatoes be sure to check out these Ranch Roasted Potatoes and Herb Roasted Potatoes!
What Pairs With Sheet Pan Chicken?
What sends this meal over the top are the last minute accents. This includes chopped marinated artichokes, Parmesan cheese, and a squeeze of lemon.
Simply cut one 1 small jar of marinated artichokes into quarters. You can use regular artichokes but the marinated ones give you a huge flavor boost.
The brininess from the artichokes pairs really well with the earthiness of the chicken, potatoes, and asparagus.
I love dishes like this with light Mediterranean inspired recipes like this Lemon Tahini Cauliflower, Basil Tomato Salad, and Kalamata Olive Tapenade.
Love chicken? Check out these recipes!
- Braised Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup
- Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Marsala Pasta
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
How Long Does It Last In The Fridge?
Any leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Make sure the chicken and potatoes are completely cooled before transferring to the fridge for storage.
- To assemble start with the potatoes. Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and then sprinkle with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of the quartered artichokes, line the plate with a serving of asparagus, and finish the whole thing with a squeeze of lemon.
That's all there is to it - Mediterranean Chicken and Potatoes. This recipe is gluten free as well!
I love meals that don't keep me in the kitchen all night during the summer. It leaves more time for hiking or kayaking. Although hiking seems to leave me with poison ivy these days. Anyone have any remedies they'd like to share?
Looking for more sheet pan meals? Check out these recipes!
- Sheet Pan Italian Chicken
- Sheet Pan Sausage
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
- One Pan Pesto Cod and Potatoes
Looking For More Sheet Pan Recipes? Don't Miss These!
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken
Sheet Pan Jalapeno Lime Chicken
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Potatoes
- 1-½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4-5 large red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil split
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. kosher salt split
- ½ tsp. pepper split
- 1 12 oz. jar marinated artichokes
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 large lemon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop 4-5 large red potatoes (or potatoes of choice) into uniform sizes.
- Place chicken breasts on sheet pan. Surround the chicken with the chopped potatoes. (Place any extra potatoes on a separate baking pan).
- Drizzle chicken and potatoes with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle 2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, and ½ tsp. kosher salt and pepper over chicken and potatoes. Toss until completely coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut the woody bottoms from 1 lb. of asparagus and discard. Place asparagus on aseparate sheet pan. Toss in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and a ⅛ tsp. each of kosher salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place the asparagus in the oven after chicken and potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes (the asparagus does not take as long as the chicken and potatoes to cook).
- Continue to cook chicken, potatoes, and asparagus for the remainder of the time (20 minutes). Remove from oven when cooked. The safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees and may be checked using a food thermometer.
- Chop 1 jar of marinated artichokes into quarters.
- To Serve: Place potatoes on plate. Top with chicken breast. Add a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and a couple spoonfuls of chopped artichokes. Add asparagus to plate and finish with a squeeze of lemon.
Lyndsay @ Lyndsay's Travel Kitchen
I love that it's all made on one sheet pan!
Me, too! Such an easy meal.
Have you tried putting on the artichokes and Parmesan during the roasting process?
Hi Julie - I've made roasted cauliflower and added Parmesan at the end of the cooking process to melt it. It's super good! I've never tried roasting the artichokes with it but I bet it would be pretty tasty!
Not sure about the artichokes but might give it a go as it easy for busy dads just to wham it in the oven
The artichokes do add a nice tangy flavor but you can definitely skip them if you like. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight family meal - Hope you enjoy!