This Pomegranate Mojito Cocktail is an easy bright and festive drink recipe! It's sparkly and flavored with lime and garnished with mint.
Pair pomegranate juice with some fresh mint leaves, add a little vodka, squeeze in some lime and you've got this Pomegranate Mojito.
I'm a wine drinker through and through but occasionally enjoy a festive cocktail. There's nothing better than a cold margarita on a hot summer day and I love a warm and toasty Tom and Jerry while celebrating Christmas with family.
I knew I couldn't let this holiday season pass by without a little something to keep our spirits high. There is nothing more festively appropriate this time of year than the pomegranate.
They are delicious, healthy, and just feel like the holidays.
This Pomegranate Mojito is perfect for Christmas, New Years's Eve, or anytime, really.
What Is A Mojito?
This cocktail is SUPER easy to whip up - There's nothing complicated about it. A mojito is a cocktail that originated in Cuba.
It's simple as far as cocktails go - A classic mojito only contains 5 ingredients: White rum, lime, sugar, club soda, and mint.
This Pomegranate Mojito version includes pomegranate juice and jewels of the pomegranate which are technically known as arils.
Simply gather a bunch of fresh mint leaves, cut a few limes into wedges, and remove the seeds from 1 pomegranate - Check out this tutorial on how to properly de-seed a pomegranate!
What Is The Best Rum For Mojitos?
I find it easiest to place the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and combine them that way. You can also place them in a large glass and carefully shake it if you don't have a cocktail shaker.
- In a cocktail shaker add 2 oz. of white rum*, the juice of 1 lime, 2 tsp. sugar, and 10 fresh mint leaves.
- Tightly place the cover on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds or so.
Shaking these ingredients together bruises the mint leaves which releases their natural oils. You can also smash the mint leaves with a fork or spoon if you don't have a cocktail shaker.
A White or Silver Rum such as Bacardi works best for this recipe.
What Type Of Glass Is Best For A Mojito?
The next step is to pour all of that goodness into a glass. Mojitos are traditionally served in a highball glass so if you have a set of highball glasses by all means use those.
We're pretty rustic around here and mason jars serve many purposes in this house - Cocktail glasses are included on that list.
Add 5-6 ice cubes to the glass along with the contents of the cocktail shaker.
How To Make A Pomegranate Mojito
This Pomegranate Mojito is now topped off with pomegranate juice and club soda.
- Pour 2 oz. of pomegranate juice into the glass and top it with 3 oz. of club soda. Mix all of the ingredients together with a bar spoon or simply a regular spoon.
- All of the ingredients should be nicely combined at this point.
The club soda makes this cocktail nice and bubbly - Totally essential for holiday cocktails!
Serve The Pomegranate Mojito
The thing that makes this cocktail extra festive is the garnish - The fresh mint and the pomegranate arils.
Sprinkle some of the pomegranate seeds into the drink to top it off. Voila! This cocktail is ready to serve.
Looking for some party bites to serve with your mojitos? Check out these recipes!
- Mushroom Gruyere Mini Tarts
- Maple Glazed Roasted Nuts
- Tangy BBQ Meatballs
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- Gruyere Prosciutto Pinwheels
- Maple Walnut Baklava Bites
- Smoky Roasted Almonds
Can I Make This A Mocktail?
This recipe is written for 1 cocktail. Simply repeat the process as many times as you like depending on how many cocktails you would like to serve.
This mojito is hard to resist - It's tasty, beautiful, and just kind of fun to drink.
You can also leave out the rum and go the mocktail route if you like. The mocktail version is just as delicious.
This cocktail will be a hit any way you serve it!
If you love mocktails check out these recipes!
Love cocktails? Check out these recipes!
Looking For More Holiday Cocktails? Don't Miss These!
Pomegranate Mojito Cocktail
- Place 2 oz. white or silver rum, the juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.), 2 tsp. sugar, and 10 fresh mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for 15 seconds or so.
- Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into a highball glass or serving glass of choice.
- Place 4-5 ice cubes into the glass.
- Pour 2 oz. of pomegranate juice and 3 oz. of club soda into the glass. Lightly stir with a bar spoon or regular spoon until the ingredients are combined.
- Place 1-2 Tbsp. of pomegranate seeds into the glass for garnish.